USM Business Systems Inc. is a quickly developing worldwide System Integrator, Software and Product Development, IT Outsourcing and Technology assistance supplier headquartered in Chantilly, VA with off-shore delivery centers in India. We offer world-class ability in giving most astounding quality and administrations through industry best practices planned to convey remarkable worth to our customers.
Utilizing our industry knowledge, administration service offering expertise and innovation abilities, we distinguish new business and innovation slants and create answers for help customers around the globe, giving top of the line solid and practical IT benefits which are cost effective services.
Established in 1999, the organization has corner qualities in building and dealing with a Business Oriented IT environment with rich involvement in technology innovation, ERP and CRM counselling, Product Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Management, SOA, BPM, Data Warehousing, SharePoint Consulting and IT Infrastructure. Our other offerings include modified solutions and administrations in ERP, CRM, Enterprise architecture, offshore advisory services ,e-commerce, Social , Mobile, Cloud, Analytics (SMAC) and DevOps.
USM, a US ensured Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) is perceived as one of the fastest developing IT Systems Integrator in the Washington, DC zone. Most as of late, USM was positioned #9 on the rundown of the Top administrations organizations in the DC Metro Area – Washington Business Journal (2011). We are a project-driven firm that reliably meets the IT needs of our State and Government customers through development and business keenness.
Junior Software Engineer
Interview Process: 1. Phone interview 2. Skype interview with technical assessment
Duration: 6-9 month contract to hire
Need GC and USC
Orange County, CA
Top 3 Skills:
1) Linux/Android Foundation
2) C++ and Java Programming experience
3) Self Starter with limited guidance
As a Senior Software Engineer – Android Applications, candidate's duties will involve reviewing and analyzing business requirement documents, creating design documents, coding and unit testing. As a developer within the team, the successful candidate will design, develop, test and deliver software solutions for IFE. The candidate will work within agile teams of committed developers to deliver these solutions for IFE product suite. Candidate should be able to function independently with minimum directions and able to coach and mentor junior resources on the team. The candidate will perform technical planning for the java development of Android framework, work with system team to understand the requirements, and participate in design discussion with relevant teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement, and test the software applications that make up the IFEC distributed system
• Define and implement Software modules and interfaces/APIs between software components
• Ensure the software implementation is inline with the proposed software solution architecture and recommended design patterns
• Meet Customer Commitments (Technical Execution, Technical input and estimation of story sizing, Communicate with PO and scrum master)
• Guide and develop junior team members in both formal and informal technical mentoring/guidance to the team to ensure that technically sound permanent solutions are delivered to resolve issues.
• Use "out of box" thinking while working on new development and also while solving sustaining issues
• Work with other team members (inside and outside of engineering) to think of innovative, creative solutions on a technical as well as non-technical level.
• Make sure all the coding, documentation done with good functional descriptions.
• Hired candidate has to contribute in SW development to develop and implement application solutions to meet customer expectations and develop too complete within committed delivery as agreed
• Participate in customer committed development phases, including high level design, detailed design, implementation, testing and verification
• Ensure Thales software processes are applied during project development to meet customer quality criterion.
• Ensure software code quality , encouraging team members to follow high code standards
• Attend to customer requirements, providing estimates to new features when requested.
• Pro-active in solving raised issues by internal testing or by the customer, ensuring proper solution are provided.
• Participate in all Agile scrum activities, attend and plan for sprint planning, helping out POs' to break down stories into tasks, make sure that stories are properly sized and assigned among the team evenly.
• Good knowledge of JUNIT and other standard object oriented SW development standards
Java, Design Patterns, Java/Android Applications, Multi-threading and IPC
you can reach me at preethib@usmsystems(dot)com or 703 468 0398